Sunday, June 7, 2009

Let Me Introduce Myself

Who am I?

I am a compassionate listener. That means I listen with my heart and soul, in addition to with my ears. I listen without judgment, wanting only to give you a safe place to speak your truth, and to act as a recorder of that truth, history, event of significance in your life.

I am trained in the grief process. I facilitate support groups for children and adults who have lost family members through normal, accidental or violent deaths, as well as through illness.

I am a storyteller and story catcher. I love to tell stories and to listen to your stories, coming together in a circle of understanding and acceptance of who we are and the space we share in this world.

I am an expert in surviving and working through loss. I have experienced many, many losses in my life… of childhood innocence, of love, of family, of home, of job, of a functioning body, of money, of self-identity and self-worth. I have come through it and am thriving, living a contented life and reaching for more.

No comments: